Thursday, November 18, 2010

"The Secret to Turning Consumers Green"

1. The author's main points relate to turning consumers green. Researchers have discovered that consumers can be turned green through peer pressure.  Producers could create laws that require consumers to go green, but the most effective way is through peer pressure.
2. I do not think I feel peer pressured by "going green" advertisements. Going green is a personal choice, in my opinion. I choose to bike or walk whenever I can, and I choose to use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles.
3. I have purchased shoes, from a a company named SimpleShoes, that are environmentally-friendly. The shoes are designed with sustainable materials, such as recycled carpet padding and reusing discard clear plastic in things like shoelaces. I do not know how I came about this company, but I believed in supporting a company that attempts to promote 100% sustainability.
4. Products are becoming environmentally friendly, one big example is the car industry. A lot of thought is being put into the design of cars so that can become more, if not completely, environmentally-friendly. Other examples include clothing companies, and technology companies. Clothing companies are using more sustainable dyes and materials, whereas technology companies are reducing the amount of material they are using.

No comments:

Post a Comment