Sunday, September 19, 2010

"The Perfect Thing" Steve Levy

1. The process of developing a functional and attractive MP3 involved numerous elements. Fadel and Ng evaluated products that were similar and had the idea out there. Together they wanted to create something that would have a long battery life, would be pocket size, would be able to store more than 30 songs, and would have a sleek appearance. Evaluating existing products allowed Fadell to brainstorm. With his new ideas he sought the knowledge of others to answer his questions. Then Fadell spent time creating real life versions to experiment with its appearance and weight. The article also illustrates the step of the design process of presenting the product to receive feedback.
2. In order to evaluate the "perfect thing" I consider its compatibility with iTunes and my existing operating system. Other factors would include its ability to store all of my songs, appearance, and my ability to understand how to use it and all of the features.
3. As a current iPod owner, I am happy to say that it is a great product. I believe it to be worth every penny. The size of the ipod is ideal, it has a long battery life, and it is also easy to use. On the other hand, I am not a fan of the shake to shuffle feature. It is inconvenient and I feel it is easier to hit the next button. I would enjoy the ability to store songs on my ipod but be able to exclude some songs on the shuffle feature. Sometimes I listen to shuffle and I end up skipping many songs I do not want to listen to at the time. For example I have Christmas songs on my ipod. I want to keep the songs on my ipod but exclude them from shuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment